Immokalee Devision Directory of the Florida Health Department provided the following information about the Immokalee Big Bus Event 2015:
The second annual Immokalee Big Bus Event took place on Saturday October 3rd from 10-2 behind the Health Department in Immokalee at 419 North First Street. The event came about as a vision of seeing bus after bus role into our community with needed health services for our clients. Last year’s inaugural event featured four buses and 16 other organizations. We had over 350 people attend the event, and as we prepare for the second year the growth has been amazing. This year even more residents showed up and about 60 organizations took showcased their information and services.
Mobile Health Care Buses and Organizations
- The Ronald McDonald Care mobile will be offering dental screenings for children, The Red Cross will be providing blood pressure and blood sugar screenings, Goodwill Industries mobile unit will provide computer access for job searches,
- The NAMI Mental Health Bus will provide information and screenings,
- NCH Community Bloodmobile will be taking blood donations,
- Community Aids Network will be providing HIV testing,
- Florida Vision Quest will be offering free vision screenings in the Mobile Vision Clinic,
- Collier County Emergency Management will be bringing their Mass Casualty Ambulance and sharing information about general emergency preparedness and
- Harry Chapin Food Bank will be here distributing free food. Along with the nine buses we will also have the Collier
- County Sheriff’s Office helicopter on sight for the community to come out and get an up-close look. The Sheriff’s office will also be bringing out their bounce house for the kids and will be cooking hotdogs provided by Pacific Tomato Growers.
- Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida provide Job advise and services on their JobLink Bus
Organizations provided services or Information
- Walgreens Pharmacy gave out 300 free adult flu vaccines,
- Assurance Wireless will be giving out free cell phone to those that qualify,
- Golisano Children’s Hospital of SW Florida will be performing child car seat installation inspections.
- The Healthcare Network of SW Florida will be checking height, weight and BMI.
- Naples Pathway Coalition and Bikes for Tykes will be performing free bike inspections and repair.
- The Pilot Club of Naples will be giving away free bike helmets to those in need,
- The Veterinary Clinic of Immokalee will be giving reduced price pet vaccines, along with Collier County Department of Health Collier offering free STD testing and Tdap vouchers to those that qualify.
More organizations, that shared information about what they do.
- AVOW Hospice,
- Branch Banking and Trust Company (BB&T)
- Cancer Alliance of Naples,
- Career Source Southwest Florida,
- Collier County Migrant Education Program,
- Collier County Public Utilities Department,
- Collier County Tax Collector,
- Consulate General of Mexico in Miami,
- David Lawrence Center,
- Division of Blind Services,
- Florida State University College of Medicine,
- Florida Youth Connections,
- Habitat for Humanity of Collier County,
- Healthy Start Coalition of Southwest Florida,
- Hunger and Homeless Coalition of Collier County,
- Immokalee Technical College (iTech)
- Legal Aid Services of Collier County,
- Lolita’s Hispanic Family Center,
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving,
- Planned Parenthood of SW and Central Florida,
- Redlands Christian Migrant Association,
- Renaissance Coaching, LLC,
- Right At Home – SWFL
- Rural Neighborhoods
- Shelter for Abused Women and Children
- Snip Collier,
- University of Florida/IFAS Collier County Extension
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services and
- Youth Haven.
We are also partnering with Ciclovia Immokalee, as they will be here with Zumba classes and an obstacle course.
The event war for anyone in the area to come out, get the services and information that they need to live a healthy and happier life.