For those of us who are invested in Public Health we are fully aware that safe, decent, and affordable housing is a key factor in reducing the spread and incidence of disease, reduced the likelihood of household accidents, and improve household stability for children and their families.
As the Chairman for the Collier County Affordable Housing Advisory Committee, Steve Hruby, stated recently, “Affordable Housing is our public responsibility and is not a matter of welfare.“
A panel composed by experts in information about rentals, home ownership, construction, rental assistance, foreclosure prevention, and funding will be with us to provide valuable information of current services and programs available in our community.
The following executives of housing agencies in Immokalee have been invited to participate in this panel.
- Susan Golden, Executive Director of Immokalee Housing & Family Services
- Dr. Frank Nappo, Chairman of Board of Immokalee Housing & Family Services
- Doug Petereson and Nick Kouloheras, Habitat for Humanity of Collier County
- Angela Edison & Esmeralda Serrata, Collier County Housing Authority
- Michael Puchalla, Housing Developement Corporation of SWFL
As every month we will have the opportunity to hear brief announcements from participating agencies before this presentation.